Saturday, May 15, 2010

Endives & Arugula Salad

For Betty Anne's 70th Birthday potluck, I had to make a salad. Of course I decided that I wanted to do one of Keller's recipe. At first I wanted to do a citrus salad with pomegranate seeds, but sadly realized that pomegranates were out of season now - duh. That one just has to wait till fall/winter.

So I ended up choosing the endives and arugula salad with peaches and almonds - mmmm.

The recipe was pretty simple - use red & white endives, arugula, peach slices, and season it with a little bit of salt and pepper.


For the dressing, I mixed Keller's peach puree recipe with sherry vinegar, shallots, parsley, olive oil, and chopped up pieces of peach. Then I seasoned it with a bit of salt and pepper and drizzled it over the salad.

Toss the salad lightly, arrange it on a plate, and enjoy.

Everyone enjoyed it at the party! Success!

Thoughts: Texture was great - the crispy, mushy, and crunchy. The flavors worked really well together too! It was perfect for a warm day - probably would be great for a nice picnic on a warm day.

No comments:

Post a Comment