Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fall Salad

Every Thanksgiving, my uncle and I cook an amazing dinner for our family. We always had it at our house, but this year we spent Thanksgiving at my uncle & aunt's new loft in downtown LA. Gorgeous views of Staples Center, LA live, and other huge buildings!


Didn't get to do much this year for dinner, but I must say that Fall Salad was pretty deng good.

Keller didn't write out a recipe for this salad in Ad Hoc, but mentioned this salad, listed the ingredients, and the dressing that should be used. So, I basically had to portion everything out on my own and assemble it.

Keller uses a sherry vinaigrette for this salad, which is just olive oil, red wine vinegar, and sherry vinegar.


The salad incorporates persimmons (or as some call Sharon fruit), which are very autumny - yumm.


Baby leeks were hard to find - so I had to just pick out the smallest one I can find. I just blanched the white/light green part and cut them into pieces to put into the salad.


I tossed the mixed greens with the persimmon, freshly grated parmesan, prosciutto, leeks, and pine nuts with the dressing.


Seasoned it with a little salt and pepper, gave it another toss, and assembled it to make it look some what pretty.


Salad was really good and easy to make. Everyone loved it! All the flavors blended really well together. It was super fresh and tasty. It was seriously Fall in your mouth.

Oh, and she's a cutie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment